Sunday, August 19, 2012

August 20, 2012


Dear Families-

I just have a couple of things to mention this week.

Thank you so much to everyone who turned in homework last week. Please make sure you are having your child write their sentences and fill out the reading logs as part of homework. Their homework is not considered complete unless all parts of it are finished. If their homework is not completed they will miss out on our Fun Friday activities. I know writing can be a struggle at this time of the year, but the more they practice the easier it will get! In class I will not tell them how to spell words but I will help them sound out the word by saying slowly and in parts. I definitely do not expect perfectly spelled or punctuated sentences, I just want to see that they are practicing! I know writing can be a frustrating and difficult thing for many students at this time of the year so thank you for your help with this!

The entertainment book sale is still going on. If you do not want to sell the book please return it to school. 

Book orders are due on August 24th! If you are interested you can place an order online or return the form and money to school anytime between now and Friday. If you would like to pay with a check please make the check out to Scholastic Book Clubs. If you need any help ordering online please let me know. 

So far everyone has done a fantastic job of following the dress code. Thank you! We will have a special spirit dress down day on August 23rd in honor of our first home football game! There is more information about the dress down day and the football game in the Link. Come out and support our team!

Every Friday your child will be given a math and spelling test. They will be sent home in your child’s homework folder the following Monday. Some weeks additional tests may be given if we have finished learning about a certain skill or completed a unit. These tests will also be sent home on Monday. 

As always if you have any questions or concerns please let me know! The easiest way to reach me is via e-mail. My e-mail address is jcochran@lpatucson.org. I will typically respond within 24 hours. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any reason!

Thank you for your support,

Jenna Cochran

No comments:

Post a Comment