Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 10, 2012


Things are continuing to go well in first grade! I am so proud of how hard all of the kids are working. It is exciting to see the progress that they are already making. I only have a couple of announcements this week.

Please work with your children at home on tying their shoes. We do not teach that in first grade, but it is a very important skill for them to have!

We are going to be learning about apples for the next couple of weeks. We will be doing an apple tasting and making applesauce in class. I will provide the apples for the apple tasting but am asking for donations for the applesauce. If you are able to donate a red apple or two, please send it in to school anytime between now and next Monday. If you would prefer that your child not take part in the apple tasting or eating the applesauce please let me know right away. Thank you!

The entertainment book sale ended last Wednesday. If you have not returned your child’s entertainment book or the money for the book, please do so as soon as possible. The cost for the book is $30. I am sending home a separate note with the children whose books I still need. 

As always if you have any questions or concerns please let me know! You can e-mail me at jcochran@lpatucson.org and I will get back to you within 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment